Saturday, September 26, 2009

House Mouse & Friends Challenge #52



This week's challenge was to pick a previous challenge as HM&F is celebrating it's year anniversary. With Halloween coming, I did Challenge #8 (Halloween) and I used one of my favorite stamps. I also did something fun - I made a home made button. Can't say it's my idea, but if was from the Splitcoast stamping Monday challenge. Its very easy:

Cut 4 pieces of same design from any cheap card stock. I cut these ovally pieces with my cricut using the George cartridge.

Cut one piece of same design from pattern or stamped card stock (or even plain).

Using a liquid glue, glue all together with your "nice" one on the top.

Let dry.

Sand the edges - this is what makes it look like one piece when you are done.

At this point punch holes with a cropodile or other hole punching device.

Use Glossy accents or other clear laquer to finish - the toughest part is keeping your holes clear. When it's almost try I start clearing out the holes with the end of an opened paper clip. Haven't experimented yet with repunching the holes or waiting until the glossy accents are dry.

This is really cool because you can make coordinating buttons for all your projects and can do them in any shape!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ooh guess where I'm going now Patti - off to make a homemade button!!! - fabulous.
Better leave my comment first - fantastic card, love that beautifully coloured image and your details are amazing, especially the embossing and that punched googy drip edge (or whatever it's called).
Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Leigh said...

Excellent button. Cute image.