Sunday, July 25, 2010

Organization


I don't have a dedicated scraproom, unless that's what you call my living room (and dining room). My husband and I are both crafty. He scrapbooks, I stamp and make cards, and when we really go wild, we both do tole painting. He does the big yard cutouts while I do smaller things. So we have "stuff" everywhere. My son is always saying "why does it take so much crap to scrap?". The problem is, when my little table becomes messy, I totally lose my mojo. Yet at the same time, I need my things nearby and in some semblance of order. It's very difficult.

I have the Stampin' up! ink caddy and I love it. The problem is that it actually takes up too much room and I can't see all my colors. I found this on the stampin' up! demo sample pages and had to try it. It's made of foam board and although it was rather easy to make, it was very, very time consuming. On top of that, I measured so well but it still didn't come out square. But it works well - I need to add some more glue to the shelfs as they are sagging, but the footprint isn't that big and I can see all my ink! Won't be able to see my husband anymore when he sits in his recliner, but he'll have to deal with that. :)

2 comments:

cricaholic said...

WOW! Thats looks NICE!! I know what you mean about having to organize. Thats all I've been doing lately...TRYING to get my area ORGANIZED!!!! I can't craft till " A place for EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING in its place".

Helen said...

You are such a lucky gal to have a husband who do craft, how fun! I used an old cassette holder to hold my SU ink pads.