Saturday, May 9, 2009

My first ATC's


I've been wanting to make ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) for a long time, but as usual had no ideas. I always mix up the words crafty and complicated. After going to a stamping store today and seeing samples of a couple of techniques, I put them all together and came up with these.
First I cut up a diet coke can and cut strips from it 3" by 1". Then cut each strip into approx 1" x 1" squares. Didn't really measure because I didn't want them exactly the same.

Then the messy part - I dropped lots of drops of alcohol ink on them and smushed it together with a paper towel til I liked how they looked. Then took them to my cuttlebugged and embossed them with swirls.

Created the scalloped blue backround with accent accentials. I really like the new hide contour feature in design studio. This was a frame cut, but hid the interial contour and got a nice rectangle which I stretched a little. The black swirl is actually from stretch your imagination...this was a tall rectangle with the swirl cut in the center, so I just hid the rectangle contour and just cut the swirl. There's some navy blue ink around the edges.

So the name of this set? Swirls, curls, cans and cubes. Even the name is complicated.

2 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

OH my goodness! These are amazing!!! So unique and clever! I think they are absolutely beautiful! Well done!
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day!
{HUGS}
Lisa

Kris said...

Patti they look fabulous. Wish there was a larger pic to get a better look but then the whole process sounds complicated to me. Hope your hubby is back on his feet. Happy Mother's Day...Kris