Saturday, October 10, 2009

Floral punch craft





Found another cool craft that I had to try - it's all about making homemade flowers using paper punches. I've been making little flowers all week and tonight made a quick card. While I was at it, I thought I could also use my cricut. Here's the "recipe"

Pointsettia: Joys of the season
Daisies: medium EK Success 5 petal flower
Daisy leaves: same punch, cut out teardrops from the petals to make leaves. It's hard to see, but all leaves are veined. There are tools to do this artwork, but I am using a darning needle, a piece of fun foam and a transfer rub on tool as well as a stylus to do all the shaping and veining
Inside of flowers: $1 punch found in the dollar bin at Michaels.

I have a couple more cute flowers put together, just need to figure out what to do with them and then I'll post those too. The leaves are bigger and inked, so you'll know what I mean by the veining.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ok, wrote the wrong comment with the wrong flower, that's becuase I was so excited about the GORGEOUS Flowers... I can see why you've been working on them all week.. Lots and lots of detail.. FANTASTIC