Sunday, October 11, 2009

Simple Floral punch craft tutorial

This is my first attempt at a tutorial, I hope it's easy for you to understand. I'm making a very simple basic flower here using punches.

Here is what you need: I have two punches, the 5 petal flower is a medium EK Success punch, and the small punch is from the $1 bin at Michaels. Two pieces of card stock. Some fun foam. The green tool is an image transfer tool - I will be using the round end. You can use a gel pen - cap end also. A darning needle. And I forgot to include a stylus in the picture.
I've also discovered you can use your cricut to cut out flowers or petals from one of many cartridges that have them.

First step, punch out your pieces:

Next I marked how I wanted to cut my leaves from the green flower and then cut them out.
I am saving that little star - might make another interesting center for a flower.

Now you score your pieces using your darning needle. Press the needle side into the leaf and drag toward the end. Push down into the foam as you do this and the leaf will automatically curl.

Now add your veins.


Here is what it will look like when your leaves are done. Then turn them over.




Now onto the flower. Score similar to the leaves. I'll be scoring 3 lines down each petal.



Here is the flower once scored.



Turn your flower over and push down into the foam using your tool (in my case my image tranfer tool; this is where you could use the cap end of a gel pen).
Here's the flower when done. Notice how the pressure into the foam gives it dimension.



Let's make the center now. Take your stylis and push down into the center of the small green piece.


Turn the center piece over. Use a little glue to hold it all together, and Viola a simple flower. Believe me these instructions take longer than it takes to make the flower!


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Great tutorial... off to M's to get some fun foam and flower punch, only have a four petal one.lol